Gerontophobia has made cosmetics a spending priority


Idleness they say is devils workshop. In my universe such a thing does not exist. This is informed by scientifically proven research that states that men like me spend eighty per cent of their time thinking about how to make money and our opposite gender matters while our female counterparts spend their equivalent mulling on beauty and gossips. This is the reason as to why billions of people are fighting the natural process of aging to remain young. According to scientific studies, skin aging is not caused by our daily life as such although factors that are intrinsic and extrinsic contribute hugely to the aging process. Unfortunately, it occurs mostly on our face. In tropical climate regions like Africa and Asia, changes in pigmentation is said to be the main cause of skin aging. From the facts that I gathered from an expert while writing this blog, intrinsic factors are mostly genetic and are unmanageable. Studies have shown that they contribute roughly about twenty per cent of human skin aging. The extrinsic factors are several including but not limited to the exposure to the sun, gravity, cigarette smoke, alcohol, pollution and nutrition and contribute hugely to our eighty percent of skin aging.Accepting that aging is unavoidable process made me remain natural from my childhood. At one time while at high school, I vividly recall how a classmate nicknamed me the “human monkey” of Melbourne because of my darkness. Despite the fact that I was the only black skinned student in the school for four years, I never regretted about my natural black beauty and never tried to change my color and as Kelly Clarkson’s song goes, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger
Appreciating myself has seen me remain a non-cosmetic man since tween. Unfortunately, most people don’t appreciate their color and looks and are doing everything they can to look young. It is no longer a secret that people are placing anti-aging and skin rejuvenation treatment on their shopping priority list every month. For those who don’t know, cosmetic procedures in skin rejuvenation involve processes like dermabrasion, microdermabrasion ,injecting fillers, botulinum toxin, radiofrequency, chemical peeling and laser resurfacing. The end result for all this procedures is for those obsessed with cosmeticized beauty at the expense of natural looks having a brighter skin with less aging marks and wrinkles as well as smaller skin pores. Wearing makeup everyday is said to cause serious skin problems. Research has shown that most of the cosmetics available in the market contain chemicals, colors, additives and preservatives and some are said to be toxic.  I recall one case back in early 2000 where a woman from Newcastle area in Melbourne developed unknown skin infection for using lipsticks that contained harmful ingredients. The expert I consulted for this article informed me that a layer of makeup on the skin normally clogs the pores and prevents skin from breathing and to make matters worse, those obsessed with beauty rarely check the ingredients of products and in poor countries people do not even discard them on expiry. Although I don’t use any kind of cosmetic, I do appreciate that make up enhances human being’s beauty and allure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To secure Africa’s future, there’s need to reduce deforestation’s emissions

SMEs funding problem in Uganda

Social media helping East Africans stay appraised